Updated: Jan 29, 2020
Once upon a time there were many mountains here, however, the founder of Gokurakuji, Ninshō, opened a road through them. The name of this road is Gokurakuji Kiridōshi. When Nitta Yoshisada invaded Kamakura in 1333, his top generals, Ōdate Muneuji and Eda Yukiyoshi, advanced because of this road. On the Kamakura side, General Osaragi Sadanao gathered his forces to fight the adversary on this hillside.
Erected in March of 1932 by the Kamakura Seinendan Young Adult Association.