Updated: Jan 22
About 50 meters south of Omachi Dōri on the main road into Zaimokuza next to the little red bridge, there is a stone historical marker that reads:
This is the area where many shops were gathered during Kamakura’s prosperous past. The main road is called Omachi Dōri, where other areas such as Yonemachi, Tsujimachi, Uomachi, Nagoshi, etc., used to be. It is thought to be where the machiya 町屋 (town shops) were, which were often referred to in the Azuma Kagami. Even now its name remains.
Erected in March of 1936 by the Kamakura Seinendan Young Adult Association.