Updated: Jan 29, 2020
This stone historical marker can be found on the road in front of Gokokuji Temple in the Ōgigayatsu neighborhood, where it reads:
Shigefusa Fujiwara was a thirteenth generation descendant of Takato Fujiwara. Shigefusa went to Kamakura by orders from the Kamakura general, Munetaka Shinno. After receiving the territory of Uesugi in Kyoto, he named himself Uesugi. Three generations later, Noriaki Uesugi became a senior officer of Motoji Motosho, and the clan's power spread to the Kanto region. Akisada, who was five generations after Shigefusa, started the Ogiya family. Around the period 1469-1487, the sixth generation of the Ogiya family, Sadamasa, expanded his power with Michio Ōta. People and the Yamauchi family were told that this was Uesugi territory. This place is the trace of the mansion.
Erected in March of 1922 by the Kamakura Seinendan Young Adult Association.