Updated: Jan 18, 2020
Along busy Highway 204 in Yukinoshita where there is a turn in the road just west of Omido Bridge is a historical marker at the place where tolls were collected. The stele reads:
Locals call this place "Sekiba". It used to be called "Sekitori" in the past. In 1548, Mr. Hojo set up a checkpoint here and took a toll tax to reimburse the cost of restoring the Egara Tenjin Shrine. The documents of the decree book are still kept at Egara Tenjin Shrine.
Erected in March of 1931 by the Kamakura Seinendan Young Adult Association.