Updated: Jan 22
At the northeast corner of Seisen Elementary School in Nishimikado is a stone historical marker that reads:
The Okura Shogunate had four gates. The name was given for its cardinal direction. The eastern gate is called Higashimikado and is now a place name. This area is located east of Hokke-dō.
Erected in March of 1926 by the Kamakura Seinendan Young Adult Association.